Friday, June 20, 2008

"Not Completely Unheard Of....."

Oh yes, this is the response that I received from my doctor yesterday after inquiring about not feeling the baby. Well, needless to say this response was unsatisfactory to me and did not put me at ease, by any means. So instead of dwell on it, I decided to go home and feel the baby move once and for all. I got home, put on some comfy clothes, proceeded to drink a huge glass of orange juice and I laid there......

Nothing.....so I started massaging my belly moving it from side to side, up and down, trying to breathe very slowly and quietly. Right then Jeff comes home, smiled, looked down at me on the floor and asked me what I was doing. I said "I am going to feel the baby move" he looked at me and said "Oh, you felt it?!!" I said "No, but I am going to so please, SSHHHHH!"

About 5 minutes later, I experienced what felt was like a litte muscle spasm right below my belly button, then again in the same spot. A few seconds later I felt a tiny little tap a little more to the left. I tell you though, it was so faint that if I wasn't laying there barely breathing I wouldn't have felt a thing. Was it the baby? I don't know, but for goodness sake let's just say it was! Now I can rest my nerves until I see the baby on Monday.

Happy 19 weeks today!

2 comments:

The Mausbach Family said...

yea! that is the baby!!!

The Brown Family said...

You are cracking me up! I didn't feel Holly until about 21 of 22 weeks, can't totally remember. I remember laying there at my 19 week ultrasound when we found out she was a girl and freaking out because I could see her moving all over the place but I couldn't feel a thing! I kept telling the nurse that it was too weird that I couldn't feel those huge movements and she reminded me that the baby was so tiny. You probably felt it today but you will feel it for sure really soon! Wait until the end when it actually hurts they kick so hard! You look so good, by the way!!!