Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It doesn't ALL have to be pink right?

This may come as a surprise to some, but I feel so unprepared to be a "girl mom". Yes, I get up and do my hair and make-up everyday, love to get pedicures, and can shop for 7 hours at a time, but I am completely at a stand still as to how to get myself ready for a little girl. Why the brain fart?? I HAVE NO IDEA! Truth be told, I find myself terrified at times. For some reason I just thought I would have 2 or 3 boys running around. Please, do not get me wrong, I am so overjoyed to have my little Harper, I just second guess myself. I mean, I sat online for 3 days straight looking at PINK girl bedding and this is what I decided on:

Don't worry, I am going to paint the walls a really pretty, light pink, and accessorize the room in girlie things.

I know that it is only a matter of time before I scratch that shopping itch and there is an explosion of leggings, ballet flats, dresses and headbands to fill her closet. Thanks to grandma and grandpa Martz, her wardrobe is already being established.



She is starting to be so active as of late. I think most moms will agree, there is nothing better than feeling those little kicks and flips. I know that I will begin to feel more confident in this, as time goes on, but any tips from girl mom's OR dad's, in the meantime, would be great and much appreciated.

Lastly, I don't mean to offend anyone with this post! If you love tutu's and hair bows and everything pink, then good for you, and send some positive pink thoughts my way! I will get there, someday.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE your bedding/room ideas. It will be beautiful with just enough girly touches to make it perfect! Where did you finally find the bedding?

Unknown said...

I really like that bedding, I think its adorable and different and I know you will fancy that room up nicely! Those outfits are super cute as well. You will be a great "girl mom" I just know it!

BellaDaddy said...

I was SO NOT INTO PINK...I remember when we found out we were having a girl...and I was less than thrilled at the prospect of a pink world...but now? Heck I am an old pro,...and nope, I am here to tell ya, not everything has to be pink...or headbanded, or pinata dressed...Cheers!

Libby Barbee said...

Before I had Delaney, I did not like pink (purple was more my color). Even if pink or purple aren't your thing, they will be one day =) Just take it one day at a time. Once Harper is here, you will know what is fitting for her. You are going to be a great "girl Mom". Just like it did with Aiden, it will come naturally. I imagine if we have a boy next, I will be thinking the same things you are. I am sure most of us Moms go through it.

The Brown Family said...

i found that holly wore blue more than pink as a baby! i was drawn to it with her eyes. her bedding was more blue put i painted her walls pink too. now though, her fave colors are pink and purple so we tend to go with those. don't worry, it won't be long before you are totally into the frills and girlie stuff! it is just too cute! i actually think boys are so fun to dress too. it's so fun to make them look like little studly guys! babies are so fun!

The Hodge Family said...

You are going to love having a girl! I was fearful of pink too but found that I totally got into the girly thing. I love the bedding and love the decor idea! Where did you find that bedding? So cute...

Mark said...

My Daughter Claire(6) announced just a couple of months ago that she was "no longer into Princesses". I could have cried, I was so happy. And then she said that she had a boyfriend at school. And I wanted the Princesses back. Enjoy the Pink while you can.

lisahix said...

Stace u know me im a tomboy and when i found out i was having a girl i was like what did i get myself into! I said no pink and now look at me pink it is. But now im starting to calm down a little. I was not a girlie girl growing up and i have this feeling that bryn will be the girliest of girls, and i couldnt be happier!! Ur bedding is super cute and i love the idea of light pink walls! I know harper will be the cutest dressed baby on the block!!!