Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Passed!

Yesterday I had another routine doctors appointment as well as my 1 hour Glucose Test to check for Gestational Diabetes. Well this morning I found out that I passed, which is a good thing. I wasn't too worried, however, with craving all of these sweets it was a little nerve-wracking. If I wouldn't have passed I would have had to of gone back, drank more of that icky juice and stayed for 3 hours this time. Not to mention get poked by a needle 3 more times. One time is PLENTY for me.

Everything else looked fine. They were a little worried about my blood pressure being high, as I have been sporadically getting weird spots in my vision, but as usual my blood pressure was fine (tends to run on the lower end actually). Aiden's little heart was beating away at 144 BPM. At this point he is already head down so the doctor said that as long as he stays like that we won't have to worry about "flipping him". I wasn't too interested in what that would entail. So all in all, things are going great! I feel pretty good physically, obviously a little more tired and crammed on the inside but nothing out of the ordinary.

Baby Icons

2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Oh I HATED that test! I failed the 1 hour with Holly and had to do the 3 hour and it was horrible! I ended up (sorry to be graphic) throwing up and had to go back a second time to do it again. Turned out I didn't even have Gestational Diabetes. Totally sucked! I passed the 1 hour with Travis though. I am glad things are going so well for your pregnancy! The end will be here soon!

Libby said...

Wonderful news!!! I have heard lots about that test, mine should be soon.