Thursday, March 25, 2010

sixteen and a half months


Dear Aiden,
Where has the time gone?! Before I know it, you will have already been with us for a year and a half! This weekend I will start going through all of your baby clothes to see what we can use for your little sister. It's hard to believe that you can no longer fit into the newborn clothes that were HUGE on you when we brought you home from the hospital. You are going to be such a good big brother. You are a funny boy - last night when we were playing with your stuffed puppy; giving kisses and rocking him, the minute I started singing "rock-a-bye-baby" to him, you immediately grabbed him, threw him on the floor, jumped into my arms and laid your head on my shoulder. You need to know you will always be my little man and my special gift from God. Your huge blue eyes are always full of joy.  You are a complete attention monger, yet set in your ways…you are the best and worst of your daddy and I combined, but somehow in you, it becomes perfection.
I love that you and daddy got to bond while I was out of town last weekend. Just watching your blossoming relationship makes my heart so happy. I listened to you guys making each other laugh this morning during your normal routine of making Eggos in the kitchen. Aiden, I hope you know what an incredible father that you have, and I pray that you mold your own life after the example that he sets.
P.S. I love this photo of you smiling in the sun. You normally always try to give me your serious "camera face" when I am taking pictures.
I love you with all my heart,
Mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful Stace!!! The new pics of Aiden are adorable as always!!!