Monday, March 15, 2010

"If you want something done right....

....PAY somebody to do it."

I know, I know, it's really, "If you want something done right....do it yourself." BUT -

By last Sunday, I had purchased all the paint, brushes, rollers, tape, drop cloths, trays, etc. We Jeff was ready. We got Aiden down for his nap, I had taped off all the base boards, and Jeff began to paint. Even though this was Jeff's project since I couldn't be in the room for long, I wanted to do a couple of rolls just for the fun of it. I had never painted before. Jeff was on the ladder working on the straight lines near the ceiling, and I was rolling away with the primer.

(5 minutes later)
Me: How's it going?
Jeff: Fine.
Me: This is going to look great.

(5 more minutes later)

Me: Wow, this is harder than I thought.
Jeff: I told you painting sucks.
Me: Yeah, but it shouldn't take that long......

(5 more minutes later)

Me: Jeff?
Jeff: Hmmmm?
Me: I don't wanna do this anymore.
Jeff: (short pause)......thank you! I've been waiting for you to say that. (grabs cell phone) I'm calling Vern now. (Vern stains all the parts for the company.)

Now for those of you who know us very well, you know that Jeff really had this thought out from the minute I said we were going to paint the room. However, being the smarty pants that he is, he knew that I would be sad if he told me he was not going to paint the room, but have someone else do it. Therefore, he would wait until I had my fill, and then he would call.

I admit it, calling Vern was a good idea. The painting was done in 2 days and it looks so great. All the lines are perfect and the color is lovely.

Jeff: 1, Stacy: 0


5 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE it...it's the perfect shade! Are you still going with the same white/green bedding or have you changed your mind (Libby said you changed your mind with Aidens, haha)?

The Brown Family said...

it's just perfect....and i fully agree. i had both of my kids rooms painted by someone else. best money spent!

Mrs.Lemon said...

yep same bedding - now just waiting for the furniture :)

Michaela Lopez said...

I love that he knew you well enough to predict he would need someone else to paint. Too funny. I can't wait to see it all done.

Unknown said...

Very cute I really like that color are you still doing the white and green bedding? I hate painting too, we had to paint just one wall in my room and my Step Dad ended up doing it because I got bored. LOL