Monday, March 29, 2010

Santa Cruz

On Friday morning before work, Jeff informed me that today he would be taking me on a lunch date. Around 1:00 pm, I met him at our normal lunch date spot. Shortly after we sat down, he passed a card across the table for me to read. In the card he had written a lovely note, including the following details:

* I would not be returning to work that day (he had made arrangements with my boss)
* We would be spending the weekend in Santa Cruz
* Aiden was taken care of
* We would leave as soon as I had my bag packed
* Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

I cried. You see, I had had a minor melt down in my closet that morning (pregnancy related I'm sure) and this was just what I needed.

The weekend couldn't have been better. We didn't look at a watch the whole time. On Friday when we got there, we checked into our hotel (2 blocks from the beach) and walked dowtown for dinner. Then on Saturday, we slept in, walked downtown for coffee, ate lunch on the boardwalk, walked on the beach, did some shopping, and then had dinner that night. Sunday, we really slept in (9 a.m.), I ate breakfast Cheetos in bed while watching TV (pregnancy thing), checked out of the hotel and drove up the coast to Half Moon Bay, where we ate lunch in the harbor. We were home by 4:00 to spend some time with Aiden before another work week was here. It was heaven....

I haven't felt that relaxed in a long time. Thanks babe you are wonderful.

3 comments:

SurprisedMom said...

How wonderful! What a thoughtful guy you have there! Happy Anniversary!

Libby Barbee said...

HOW SWEET!!! Looks like a great trip.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love half moon bay, it is beautiful there!!! Happy Anniversary!!!