Friday, May 7, 2010

Just Saying.


I feel like it is necessary to point out that today I am enjoying being pregnant. I'm not worrying about my weight, I do not have a headache, my heartburn is only burning the the first layer of skin off my esophagus, my neck is finally feeling like it is on it's way back to normal, my right hip is behaving and staying snuggly in it's socket, and just feeling her hands try and poke right through my belly button is absolutely amazing. Truly it is, and I am determined to enjoy these last few weeks of what will most likely be my last pregnancy. I just felt like putting this in writing since lately I have been complaining twenty four-seven.

As each day passes, our little girl's arrival is becoming more real. Now that I am feeling better, I have more energy to do the things that need to be done this weekend:

1. Attempt to finish Harper's nursery - including the task of removing my entire summer wardrobe from her closet, and finding another home for it. This should be good.

2. I must take Aiden's 18 month photo
Yes, a year and a half already! and yes, getting good pictures of my little busy body may take all weekend.

3. I may do the 12 or so loads of laundry that need to be done
Jeff's SUPER subtle hint the other morning must mean he is out of boxers and socks. As he looks around the HUGE mess we call our master bedroom, he asks, "hey, when are you going to start nesting?" If I remember correctly, the side glance I gave him after this, quickly answered his question. Lucky for him, he seems to always make up for these gems he comes up with.

4. And lastly, I will spend my day on Sunday being thankful that I have such a wonderful mother, and especially thankful that I have been given the gift of being a mother to my babies.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stace you are awesome! I can't believe aiden is a year and a half. So much time has past since I have seen you and I miss you so much! We are both mothers and I wish we could be by one another! Aiden and Harper are so lucky to have you as a mother! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

The Brown Family said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU Stace! You are a wonderful mom and your babies are lucky to have you!