Thursday, July 9, 2009

EIGHT months


I am a little late on these, as I have been crazy busy getting all of us packed for Cabo. Let me tell you, I never imagined how much stuff one little person would need for only 10 days! I tend to over pack every time, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially when we will not exactly have the luxury of jumping in the car to go to Babies R' Us or Walgreen's while we are there. I do find a little solace in the fact that they do have a Walmart not too far from our condo now.

On top of this, capturing these progression pics is getting increasingly difficult as Aiden is so BUSY these days. The very last thing that he wants to do is sit still for a picture! He now loathes getting his diaper changed because heaven forbid he would have to lay still for a couple seconds. I love it though. He is so much fun. He makes me laugh every single day with his antics. Here are some action shots as these are the easiest ones to get.

Picking the moss out of the tree:


Working hard on the crawling and climbing:




Right, before I took this he looked at me like, "I'm gonna go tear that down ya know".


Sweet as peaches though, when he wants to be:

Mama bragging time. This is mainly for my own archiving purposes since people ask me when Aiden did this or that, and I stare at them blankly because I just can't remember.

Aiden's Age: 8 months, 2 days

* He can somewhat speak - "mama" and "dada", however somehow I am not thinking that he is associating one parent from the other quite yet.

*His favorite solids are....well, all of them except peas or green beans. However, gross as it may be, all I have to do is mix them with bananas and voila! He eats the whole jar. Problem here is that bananas and apples constipate him. I know you wanted to know that. I also give him little puff snacks which he loves as well as mashed potatoes and small pieces of bread. I gave him some sort of Gerber jarred meat and gravy which smelled like (and probably tasted like) cat food. Needless to say, he wasn't a fan and I gagged the whole time I was feeding it to him. He does like the chicken and apples meal even though the consistency of it is like sand (and again the apple issue). Oh, and the macaroni and cheese in a jar....loves it. Gross right?

*He loves, loves, loves anything that has to do with water.

*He can lift himself to as standing position and will attempt to move a little. Mostly he just stands there and dances.

*He has moved on from watching Spongebob Sqarepants to Dora the Explorer. Oh, and her brother Diego has a show too. (Don't laugh) For those of you who are not lucky enough to watch these while you are getting ready in the morning, these are 2 cartoons that mix English with Spanish. Being that our sitter speaks Spanish to him all day, I can see the correlation. Cute huh?

*As you saw from the pictures he is pretty much crawling except he doesn't cover too much distance at one time yet. I am appreciating this while I still can. Shortly, I will be chasing him everywhere.

*He is extremely curious about the world around him. Always grabbing at everything and just taking it all in.

3 comments:

Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...

Eight months already.. holy moly where has the time gone!

We watch Dora and Diego every morning too.... what happened to news and good morning america... my kids rule the TV.

have fun on your trip!

The Brown Family said...

What a fun little guy. Aiden and Travis really do need to have a playdate sometime. I have a feeling they would get along just great.

Unknown said...

He is just so cute. I cant believe that he is 8 months as I am sure you cant either! Hes getting so big. I love pic of him before he tore down your sign! Miss you guys have a great trip to Cabo!