Monday, July 27, 2009

Throwing in the Towel


As you all know, I use this blog as somewhat of a virtual scrapbook. That being said, I am happy to announce (yes, happy) that as of last Friday, July 24, 2009, I am no longer nursing OR pumping. Yes, it was time. I never necessarily had a "goal" set for how long I would nurse, but I think 8 1/2 months is pretty good. Aiden is also more than fine with it. He would actually prefer a bottle to be honest. And let me tell you, there will be no love lost between me and my Medela pump. I was spending 45-60 minutes a day with that thing, we needed to take a break.

In other fun news, Aiden started clapping this past weekend. It is the cutest. He claps for food. He claps for cartoons. He claps for toys. He claps when he sees daddy. He claps when I come in his room to come get him after naps. He claps when he crawls all the way across the room. He claps when mommy laughs at him. Basically, we are doing a lot of clapping lately.

In between clapping we just played all weekend. Jeff had a delivery that he had to do on Saturday morning, but other than that and a couple other errands, we just kept it low key. I wanted to spend all the quality time that I could with Aiden before we leave on Thursday for the wedding. Yeah, I know it's only 4 days, BUT STILL.

Before our Sunday morning walk to Starbucks: (still would never think of parting from his bink, it's not even up for discussion)


"I crawled all the way over here, and now daddy won't let me play with the entertainment system"

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

I'm a little worried about the paci with Travis too. He only uses it at naps and bedtime, but for some reason it seems so mean to take it away. With Holly I couldn't wait to! I guess our little boys have us wrapped around their fingers!