Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sh*t Happens

I'm sure that everyone is familiar with this expression, however, let me tell you why I can appreciate it and now have a very good understanding of what this can potentially mean.

Yesterday afternoon Aiden and I took uncle Mike to the airport and then we ran a couple of errands for daddy. Well, everything was going smooth until I realized (smelled) that I need to change Aiden before we returned home from our last errand. No problem! I proceeded to lay him down in the back seat, get out a new diaper and the wipes. To my unfortunate surprise, I only have 2 wipes left. Now, I have a pretty good feeling that the diaper I am about to change is not a simple wet diaper, as it has leaked out of the diaper and onto his onesie. So, I think to myself, I can make this work, I just need to use the 2 wipes I have wisely, and thank goodness I have an extra change of clothes for him in the diaper bag.

Everything is fine and I am about to finish up, when out of nowhere there is an explosion all over my hand. So I stop, and think to myself, what should I wipe this up with now that I have no more wipes? I decide that my only option is to use the dirty clothes that I needed to change him out of anyway. Then all of a sudden, just as I am finishing up for the second time, it happens again! Yes, you guessed it all over mommy's hands. At this point I am laughing so hard I am crying. Now, I want to wipe my eyes, however I am knuckle deep in mustard yellow you-know-what. Without hesitation I grabbed his cute yellow blanket from the diaper bag, start cleaning again and had that diaper back on in no time. I quickly (Aiden is starting to scream at this point) put the dirty clothes and blanket in a Ziploc baggie and used a whole small bottle of Purell on my hands.

We are on our way home and I am still totally cracking up about this and decide I needed to call Jeff so he could share in the humor. As I reached into my purse to grab my phone I caught a glimpse of yellow.......to my horror I realized that a remainder of our little "situation" was still underneath my fingernails. The smile immediately disappeared from my face as I started gagging. GROSS!!!!!

Needless to say, as soon as I got home I washed my hands a few times and decided once and for all that anything other than very short nails were not going to work for me from now on :)

3 comments:

The Mausbach Family said...

Look at that little face...he's so proud of his accomplishments!!

Tortora Family said...

I can appreciate this story. i remember when Guiliana was about 2 weeks old and I was upstairs and Greg was downstairs with her. Now the day before her "belly button" thing fell off. Well Greg came upstairs holding her out like a loaf of bread saying honey something is wrong with her belly button. There was brown stuff all over her onsie on her tummy. I quickly thought "oh my gosh! her belly opened up and is leaking goo! Turned out it was a non-stop flow of poop! We went thru several onsies that night! Thank goodness we were at home... I couldn't imagine being out! You poor thing!
But dontcha just love being a mommy though :)

(PS... short nails are the way too go. I ripped all mine off the week before she was born and so glad I did. Its so much easier now)

Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...

oh gosh I am laughing soo hard.. you poor thing! those moments you just have to laugh at... now hopefully you have learned your lesson.. stash wipes EVERYWHERE!!! They are good for anything!!!