Monday, November 10, 2008

Birth Story

Aiden's Arrival:

Jeff and I woke up on Friday morning around 7:00 am. We sat in bed, watching TV thinking about how crazy it was that in a few hours we would be parents! I was feeling anxious the night before, but for some reason that morning I was surprisingly calm and VERY excited. I got up, took a shower and packed some last minute items in the hospital bag. I called down to Labor and Delivery to see if they were running on time with the C-Sections that morning, and they told me to show up between 9:00-9:30 am., I was on the books for about 11:00 am.

When we got there at around 9:45 am (whoops, construction...) they checked us in and took us into our room. We got to meet all of the doctors that would be in the operating room, and the anesthesiologist came in an explained to me how he would be doing my spinal. My parents and brother got to the hospital around 11:00 am hung out in the room with us for awhile. As it turned out the C-Section scheduled before mine was running late, so I did not get taken into the operating room until about 2:00 pm. By this time I had been sitting there ready since about 10:00 so I was feeling a little tense. Either way, they eventually came in to get me and we were on our way.

I walked into the operating room and the anesthesiologist put in my spinal. This was not as bad as I thought it would have been at all. The initial pain of the numbing shot was very minimal, however it still was a very weird sensation. Immediately they laid me down and started prepping for the surgery. All of a sudden the machines started beeping loudly and I informed the anesthesiologist that I was feeling very lightheaded and in fact thought I would pass out, throw up or both. I started sweating profusely and heard them talking about how low my blood pressure had dropped. Right then he gave me a shot in my IV and within minutes (sure seemed like forever) I was starting to feel tingly all over and the feeling was coming back into my face and arms. Once I started to feel better, I asked to make sure that they didn't start until Jeff was in the room. They went and got him and the surgery began.

Within literally 3-5 minutes Aiden was out and Jeff was snapping pictures of our new baby boy. Words cannot explain the emotion that came over me when I heard his first cries. It was truly a feeling that I would be happy to experience over and over again. It was simply the most amazing noise I have ever heard, there are no words to describe it.

Aiden's was born at 2:53 pm, with a full head of light brown hair. His Apgar scores were nine and ten. He weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces and was 20 inches long. They sewed me up in about 20 minutes and took me into recovery. Jeff followed Aiden into the nursery where he got his first bath. Aiden started to breastfeed within the first 15 minutes after they brought him to me. We had such wonderful nurses in the hospital and the whole experience was so pleasant. We were able to stay in a private room, which was also lovely.

Jeff and I were able to come home around noon on Sunday and really, at this point, life in the Lemon household could not be any better. Thank you to everyone for all of the well wishes. All of our friends and family have been absolutely AMAZING. I have never felt so much love around me in my entire life. It brings me to tears every time I think about it. We are truly so blessed.





10 comments:

Libby said...

Congratulations Stacy!!! Aiden is SO precious.

BellaDaddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BellaDaddy said...

Truly beautiful! All our love and best wishes to you and your new family!

Need anything, do not hesitate to let us know...!!

Luv Ya,

David, Vince & Bella

The Brown Family said...

Why do I tear up every time I see him?? Congrats! I know exactly what emotions you are talking about and feeling and it makes me so happy that you are a mom and get to experience the greatness of it all. Aiden is very lucky to have you and Jeff. AND he is SO cute! Can't wait to meet him! Love you!

Tortora Family said...

He is so cute Stacy! He is perfect!I was thinking about u all day Friday and couldn't wait to find out how it went.
I tried to send you well wishes the night before but I was having some computer problems.
So glad things turned out so well :)
Take care sweetie :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is so precious and so cute!!! I wish you 3 all the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy and Jeff,
Adien is so very percious and perfect. I was so vey excited to see that everything went well and everyone is healthly and happy. Congratulations to the Lemon family! We look forward to seeing all of you soon!

Our Love Always,
The Reva's

Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...

YAY! It is soo fun to finally see pictures of Aiden! I feel like I know him already through this blog! Have fun snuggling and holding Aiden! Hopefully we can meet him soon!

Give him a big snuggle for us!
love, mindy

The Mausbach Family said...

Oh Stacy he is absolutely perfect! There really are no words to describe it!! C-Sections truly are a wierd thing to experience, you're numb but you can still feel things...it's crazy. I wish you and your family the absolute best! much love ~xoxo~ Jill

Megan said...

I love the way you describe everything! I am so very happy for you guys!
Love,
Megan