Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Binky Be Gone


This close up was taken by Aiden himself. Note the rash on his face caused by his Binky.  Yes, the Bink is still in our lives. It is a hard time to take it away since he sees his sister with one, but eventually it has to be done. For the most part, he only uses it when he sleeps, BUT as of about a month ago, I cannot get this horrible rash to go away. I am requesting assistance from parents that have/had a child that has used a Binky:

1. How do I make the rash go away? I have tried boiling all the Binky's in the house in order to sanitize, as well as used a Monistat type cream - no luck.
2. And most importantly, please share your success story's of getting your child to give up the pacifier completely.

2 comments:

lisahix said...

I was told to put a tiny pin hole in it. So he is not getting the sucking anymore. It worked with my nephew! As far as the rash not sure. Good luck!

The Brown Family said...

With holly we just had to go cold turkey with the binky. It was not nearly as bad as I expected. That being said...trav still has his and he loves it. I have not taken it yet because of Corbin having one. I suspect we will have to go cold turkey with him too but I think it will be hard with him! :)

For the rash- right out of the bath put cortisone cream on it and then aquaphor. The next few nights use just aquaphor. You can do the cortisone about once a week if needed but the aquaphor is fine every night. Hope this helps!