Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Looking like a big boy bed is in the near future!

I have considered us lucky that Aiden has not started to climb out of his crib yet. When he does, this will be the time to transition his crib into a toddler bed. However, The Boss earned himself a time out on Sunday and this is when I realized that this may be happening sooner than later. His time out spot is a chair inside his room. I proceeded to put him in the chair and shut the door. About 7 minutes later when his screaming subsided, I went in to get him, only to find that he was in his crib. He had climbed in somehow which makes me believe that he certainly could climb out as well. I am just waiting for the day when Jeff and I are watching TV, or laying in bed, and he comes waddling out of his room all on his own to join us. I'm sure the new bed will pose a whole new set of challenges when it comes to bedtime. Good times.....
This is what it should look like. I am actually kind of excited, but it just reminds me how big The Boss is getting.

1 comment:

SurprisedMom said...

Getting a big kid bed for your oldest is a milestone for both the child and parents. I remember when I put my oldest into her first "big girl" bed. I think I cried a little, even though I had another baby, her little sister, that I would be putting in that crib. I think when I look back at these moments I realize how important they were and how fast they pass by. The Oldest is now sleeping in a bed nine hours away and I miss her. I miss her being under my roof and I miss her being young and being so proud of getting her "big girl" bed. I know I'm missing many milestones, too.

I hope when Aiden gets his first big boy bed, he is excited, happy and proud. His parents might be a little anxious, but proud as well.