Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeff!!!!

A note to my husband:

I know we’ve only been married less than a year, but it seems like much longer, since we’ve known each other for over 10 years. I will never forget the day that we re-connected at the lake. The smile you still aim my direction at least once a day. Wow! Trust me babe, you've still got it.

You are so kind and generous to everyone that crosses your path. Well, except for the customer service representatives that don't speak english. But really, everyone else.

You are so much fun to be around! You truly are my favorite friend to hang out with. I adore your dorky side almost as much as I do the romantic one. When you dance around like a complete idiot, do you know why I really laugh? I chuckle (or shake my head) because you go to such lengths simply to get a response from me. And when you do that fist-pump in the air, following my giggle or sigh, that’s when I laugh for real because you are so thrilled about getting that reaction. The fact that my feedback matters so much to you will never get old. Even if your antics do.

You are endlessly patient with me when I need it most. Which is much more often than I'd like to admit. Conversely, you know precisely when to tell me to ‘suck it up, Stacy.’ Because of your unconditional acceptance, you and I have no secrets and nothing is ‘off limits.’ I know my dreams are safe with you. You only want to know what is important to me. Because I am important to you. Sometimes it really IS that simple. Thank you for teaching me that.

On top of these things, you are such a wonderful father to our baby boy. You are so loving and patient with Aiden, and he loves you so much. The joy that I feel when I sit back and watch the two of you together is immeasurable.

You make me feel incredible when you tell me that you are the luckiest person in the world. Unfortunately that’s not true, you are not the luckiest person in the world...

I am.

I love you ~ Stacy

1 comment:

Libby said...

That was SO sweet, it made me tear up.

Happy Birthday Jeff.