Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back To Work

Yes, it's true I actually decided to show up to work yesterday. It wasn't my first choice but it had to be done. Aiden did a little better than mommy did. He was sleeping when I left and I couldn't even bring myself to go and say bye to him. I just had to focus on walking out the door. I shed a few tears once I got to work, but not too bad.
When I came home for lunch he was dead asleep in his swing. Ceci (sitter) said that he hadn't even cried and that he had already taken 2 bottles from her that morning. It was another huge relief when I came home after work and he was just swinging in his swing, smiling and talking at her. I think I am going to be able to make it after all.
The sweetest thing was when I came home and cuddled him it took about 5 minutes for him to completely pass out. This is the good stuff in life.....


2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Stacy, you are such a glowing mom!

Tortora Family said...

I remember the day that I had to go back to work. The first day was surprisingly fine with the exception of a few tears but I ended up having a total breakdown before work the next day. I think that was a good thing because I did feel a lot better after a good cry!! What made it easier is that my mother-in-law is a teacher at the school Guiliana goes to so I have grandma ALWAYS looking out for her :) After the first week things will get better... I promise!!