Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I've got a 2-monther


I know! Can you believe it??? Today marks 2 months already. But what a WONDERFUL 2 months it has been. Aiden may beg to differ as of this morning though, due to to the fact that he had to get his first shot. He only got one today and will have to get more in a few weeks due to the fact that I have chosen to follow an "alternate" vaccination schedule. This just means that he will not get all the shots at one time, and spread them out a little, thus decreasing the amount of vaccine in his system all at once. It will just take an extra trip to the doctors office, which is really no big deal as it is about 5 minutes from us. He actually let out one really hard cry, so hard that made him cough, but he was OK after that. I out of nowhere got teary eyed and I think the nurse found it kind of amusing the way he looked at me. Sorry, my hormones are still so out of whack!(good excuse right?)

Anyway, I am going to really focus on enjoying my last few weeks of maternity leave as I am scheduled to go back to work on February 2nd. I am seriously dreading this day right now. I know he will be fine, and it will be nice that I have the ability to come home everyday for lunch and feed him since I work right around the corner. Jeff and I have found a nice lady to come to our house and watch Aiden during the day, which I truly feel will be less stressful for him. We will see...as I have come to realize that life with a baby is a lot of trial and error. : ) Hope everyone is having a happy hump day!


3 comments:

Meghan and Trevor said...

Hi Stacy! I went to high school with you and just came across your blog. You were my sisters year so you probably don't remember me. Congrats on your baby boy. He is beautiful.
Meghan WIlde

The Brown Family said...

How cute is he?!! I can't wait to meet him!

Tortora Family said...

Hi there! Aiden is so stinkin cute! Can't believe he is 2 months already. I can't take how fast time goes. But, it really is alot of fun being a mommy, huh?
So, I wanted to tell you that I totally stole that quote you have on your page about "there's this boy..." That saying just melts my heart so I put it on my blog. Just wanted to let you know I stole your idea! LOL! Talk to you soon :)