Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FOUR months


Yep, another whole month down! I swear February FLEW by. Aiden had his 4 month wellness check-up yesterday. He is now 14.2 pounds and 25 inches. The doctor says that he looks great, and she commented on what a cute personality he had. However, when it came to his sleep habits I had to let her know that this was not necessarily his strong suit. When I told her that he was still up every three hours to eat, she said that we should probably consider starting him on some rice cereal. Since he is still exclusively on breastmilk, this will hopefully help tide him over for longer periods of time. I am going to do it, but I have to be honest when I say I am hesitant. I want sleep, but I feel like it is early for him to be starting solids. Am I in denial that he is getting older?....think so. Anyway, Jeff and I have been letting him sit with us when we eat dinner in hopes that this will help him get ready to do like mommy and daddy do, and eat from a spoon. I am going to get the cereal today on my lunch break and tonight we shall see just how ready he is. Wish us luck!

In other news, Grandma and Grandpa Martz were here starting last Wednesday through the weekend and as always we loved them being here. Aiden was a lucky boy and got lots of special presents, like always. Please note the hunting ensemble from Grandpa below. I have to giggle every time I look at that picture.

Lastly, Jeff and I booked our tickets to Cabo this weekend. We look forward to this trip so much every year. This year especially since our little monkey will be coming with us. Speaking of, we also need to get Aiden's passport pictures taken this weekend. Yes, you read right....infants now need passports. AMAZING.





3 comments:

The Mausbach Family said...

Oh my gosh Stacy...I think he gets cuter with every picture you take!!!

The Brown Family said...

He is so cute and the outfit is hilarious! You will have so much fun with him in Cabo. I started my kids on rice cereal at 4 months. Neither of them liked it very much so we switched to the Gerber Oatmeal after a couple weeks and they love that. They had it every morning and still do. Good luck! Just don't get discouraged if he doesn't take to it right away. Sometimes it takes them awhile to learn how to eat from a spoon and swallow and all that good stuff. I remember thinking how we really do teach them everything. It's so great!

Tortora Family said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I changed my blog address it is now www.tortoratroop.blogspot.com
It is the same page just a different address :)
Hope all is well...
Jammie