Friday, July 25, 2008

16 more weeks?

Today is week 24 for me and I am already counting down the days. We have been so busy lately that I am sure the time will fly.

During our short visit in Arizona our friends Patty and Eric gave us a Doppler that they had used when she was pregnant with their beautiful daughter Sophie. Jeff and I have been having fun with that, listening to Aiden's little heartbeat. Here is a picture of me and little Sophie.


I will also be scheduling the 3D/4D ultrasound in about 3-4 weeks, so I am SUPER excited to see what his little face looks like. For now here is an update on where baby Aiden is at:

"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

Currently from my point of view: (I have a bathing suit on, I hope no one is offended by this)

3 comments:

Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...

I love the belly shot.... it is soo precious!!!

The Mausbach Family said...

Ha ha Cute! Mommy and Aiden getting a sun tan :)

The Brown Family said...

You look great Stacy! Just wait until the end when from your point of view you can't even see your knees! :-) Can't wait to see his 3D pics! He is going to be so cute!