Monday, July 12, 2010

Update

I just wanted to give an update to friends and family that were so kind to reach out to me after I had posted about my PPD. It has been 2 weeks since I began getting some help, and I am so glad that I did. Everyday is better and a little brighter. I have a little ways to go, but the amount of support that I have received from friends has really been amazing. To those who took the time to call, write emails, and send comments, I cannot thank you enough. You really helped me out when I needed it most, and I was so incredibly touched by your words. To my momma also, who was there to listen when I felt like I was coming unraveled. This experience has completely rocked me to my core, but I will get through this and be better because of it. Thanks again to all.

3 comments:

SurprisedMom said...

I am so glad you are feeling better each day. That is good to hear. Thanks also for bringing postpartum depression to the forefront and letting women know there is help out there.

Libby Barbee said...

I have been thinking about you......thank you for the update. I am so glad you are feeling better.You are amazing and your family is blessed to have you.

BellaDaddy said...

You are a very special human being, spouse and Mother! I can never express the amount of pride I have for you...but, I suspect, you know :-)